What To Do In St. Louis This Week

 In Culture, Guide

There’s so much going on in the Lou this week! We’ve compiled the very best in food, art, music and adventuring from March 19 to March 25.

st louis alive event music food art guided

River Styx Reading Series, featuring fiction writer Mary Troy and poet Mary Jo Bang
The oldest literary magazine in St. Louis presents another installment of their reading series in collaboration with Left Bank Books, where influential local and touring writers read snippets of their work and respond to audience questions. Sip a glass of wine or a pint of Urban Chestnut from the CAM Café while you get inspired!

When: Monday, March 19—7:30 p.m.
Where: Contemporary Art Museum
Price: $5 general admission; $4 for students and seniors

Opera Tastings, presented by Opera Theatre of Saint Louis at SqWires
Breakfast-for-dinner, but better. SqWires Restaurant and Annex will serve up their award-winning brunch and Bloody Mary bar accompanied by live opera singers. This marks the last opportunity to experience Opera Tastings, which combines opera and cuisine to highlight the flavors of the music.

When: Tuesday, March 20—7 p.m.
Where: SqWires Restaurant and Annex
Price: $20-25

best st louis pizza beer craft beer the grove night life alive magazine st louis

Photo courtesy of Firecracker Pizza & Beer.

Firecracker Pizza & Beer opens on Manchester in the Grove
You’ve seen the colorful mural splashed across its exterior; now you finally get to delight in this new late-night pizza joint’s creative pies, 66 beer taps and 66 unique hot sauces. We can’t wait to try the Funk-a-delic, topped with homemade sausage, mushrooms, spinach, firecracker sauce, mozzarella, and oregano.

When: Wednesday, March 21
Where: 4130 Manchester Ave.

Orchid Nights at the Botanical Garden
Thursday night is your last chance to experience the Orchid Show in gorgeously lighted displays, all while sipping on wine, beer and spirit samples and listening to live music. Cash bar and small bites are available for purchase.

When: Thursday March 22—6-8 p.m.
Where: Missouri Botanical Garden
Price: $15 Garden members, $20 non-members

best st louis arts nonprofits art gallery show the luminary cherokee street alive magazine

Photo courtesy of The Luminary.

Lot 49 Art Auction and Benefit at The Luminary
This unique artist-centric auction serves as a direct means of support for artists in the region and beyond. Participants keep 51 percent of the proceeds, and the remaining 49 percent helps fund the Luminary’s ambitious programs. Attend the VIP cocktail reception from 7-8 p.m. for complimentary wine and beer, food from area chefs, a chance to meet the artists and a first look at the auction items.

When: Friday March 23—7-8 p.m. VIP, 8-10 p.m. public
Where: The Luminary on Cherokee
Price: $50 VIP, $10 public

Schlafly’s Stout & Oyster Festival
At the 19th installment of their festival, the brewery will fly in more than 25 shuckers to showcase their fresh oysters. Schlafly also brews over 15 stouts for the occasion, some of which are exclusive to the fest. Live music, raw oyster bars, stout tasting bars, and it’s free to attend!

When: March 23 and 24
Where: Schlafly Taproom, 2100 Locust St.
Price: Free to enter, pay as you go for beer and food

9th Annual Coffee Crawl in Maplewood
Wander through Maplewood tasting coffee from a variety of roasters from the region. The self-guided tour moves in two shifts, including an afternoon session if you can’t pull yourself out of bed for the morning round. Don’t forget to check in at Schlafly Bottleworks first!

When: Saturday March 24—morning session check-in starts at 7:45 a.m., afternoon session check-in 12:15-2:30 p.m.
Where: Maplewood, starting at Schlafly Bottleworks: 7260 Southwest
Price: $11

Recommended Posts
best art museums st louis saint louis art museum forest park alive magazinebest st louis bread bakery knead bakehouse provisions south city alive magazine